We provide Internet access via Fixed Wireless technology. We have many towers located strategically around the area that “beam” the Internet signal to your home or business.
To receive the Internet signal, a small dish or antenna (typically 18 inches or less) is mounted to the outside of the home or business. A cable is then run into the building to a computer or router to provide the Internet access.
When you call to request new service, an installation technician will come to your location to perform a signal check. Once this check verifies good line of sight to one of our towers, we’ll perform the installation and you’ll be on your way.
We do not sell satellite Internet access! Satellite signals generally travel 24,000 miles to space and back, whereas our towers are generally within 8 miles of the customers we serve. That means many things negatively impacting satellite service, such as weather and slow response times, are not factors on our service.
We have technicians trained in all aspects of fiber optic cable installation. Fiber optics provide fast, reliable network connections. In some areas we are able to run fiber optic cable directly to the home or business which provides a rock solid link at the speed of light.
Fiber optic cable transfers data by shooting light through a special, fiber optic cable. A fiber optic cable is made up of incredibly thin strands of glass or plastic known as optical fibers. One cable can have as few as two strands or as many as several hundred. Each strand is less than a tenth as thick as a human hair and can carry a massive amount of information.
Our fiber optic Internet coverage area is limited but expanding all the time. To see if we have fiber optic coverage in your area, see our coverage map. We can also install fiber optic connections between buildings to provide high speed networks that connect large complexes. See our consulting page for more information.
Free, Sports Streaming for our Internet Customers
Already an Alyrica customer? Watch Now!
ESPN3 is available to all Alyrica customers who have an Internet account capable of streaming video.
To watch, follow these steps:
- Go to http://www.espn.com/watch/
- Click the Schedule and Replays option.
- Here you will see the three tabs labeled Live Now, Upcoming, and Replay
- Any events in the Live Now or Replay sections listed as ESPN3 are watchable immediately. The Upcoming section displays events that will be watchable at a future time. Some events that are not available to ESPN3 subscribers for live streaming will be available after the event is over under Replay.
- You can set network and event filters in the drop downs to the right of the three main tabs. By default both are set to All.